Besharam is an upcoming romantic comedy movie directed by Abhinav Kashyap. Set to hit the theatres this October, it has Ranbir Kapoor, Pallavi Sharda, Rishi Kapoor and Jaaved Jaffery among others in key roles.
Music Director :- Lalit Pandit
Lyricists :- Rajeev Barnwal, Nikhat Khan & Himanshu Kishan Mehra
Expectations :- Bollywood’s newest superstar RK’s any movie is a much awaited release despite its genre and Besharam is no exception as there is a huge buzz surrounding its release and the same goes for its soundtrack too. A full on masala album is expected from the very capable Lalit Pandit who is back in the business after a considerably long time.
The Reality :- As expected,the album on offer is very much massy but at the same time it is very much classier. It is a 13 track album including five remix tracks.There is lots of energy and it’s a classic example of how a massy album ought to be. All in all,it’s a cracker of an album and has many potential Chartbusters if the album is promoted well enough.
Fantastic Five :-
1) Tu Hai (Both versions): – Sonu Nigam+Shreya Ghoshal =Magic. Note it down somewhere if you didn’t know.Probably one of the best love songs of the year sung efficiently by both the singers. With some good lyrics and a sweet tune, this one is right up there at the top.A sure shot winner,this one can be heard non-stop without ever feeling bored.
2) Dil Ka Jo Haal Hai :- Yet another light hearted love song by Shreya and Abhijeet. Although it’s a comeback of shorts for Abhijeet,he has sung it with fair panache to make it a memorable outing and the results are for everyone to see .An absolutely brilliant song it is.
3) Tere Mohalle:- The duo who delivered Bollywood’s one of the most popular numbers (Munni Badnaam), is back and how. Together, Mamta Sharma and Aishwarya have gone all out once again and surely, they haven’t failed in their endeavors. A high on energy item number, this one is a cracker.
4) Besharam :- The title track of the film too is a no giveaway but a fun filled affair crooned extremely well by the popular rapper and pop singer Ishq Bector.With some cleverly written lyrics and Bector’s joyful singing, this track has all that it takes to set the music charts ablaze.
5) Aa Re Aa Re :- Essentially a fun number in the mould of Changli Changli (from YPD2), it has the melody queen Shreya (in masti mode) and the playful Mika slams it together to a music lover’s absolute delight.
Also must hear :-
- Love Ki Ghanti
- Hand Utha Ke Nachna
Hard Talk :- There isn’t much to talk about here as the album seems perfectly suited to the mood and setting of the film and provides enough justification for its much talked about title. All said, one does feel in hindsight that one more slow and soothing track could have added more depth to this already solid album.
Final Verdict : – On the whole, the soundtrack is near-perfect according to the needs and nature of the film. Moreover, it doesn’t necessarily cater to a select group, rather it has something for everyone.
Free advice : Party mein Jaana ho to,
Naya Naya suit lo.
Pure album jabardast hai,
Jaldi se ap ise loot lo…